How do you use credited in a sentence?
(usually followed by `to’) given credit for.
- She credited herself with the discovery.
- Cook is credited with discovering Hawaii.
- Bach is credited with performing the first solo on a piano.
- I had credited them with more integrity than they showed.
- The shortage of rice was credited to lack of rain.
What is the meaning of has been credited?
When a sum of money is credited to an account, the bank adds that sum of money to the total in the account. She noticed that only $80,000 had been credited to her account. [ be VERB-ed + to] The bank decided to change the way it credited payments to accounts. [ VERB noun + to]
What is the meaning of credited to your account?
Credited to your account means amount has been deposited to your account(this will be your income). Debited from your account means withdrawn from your account(This will be your expense).
What does I have credit with you mean?
credit (someone or something) with (something)
2. To give someone praise, admiration, or acknowledgement for some task, achievement, or accomplishment. I have to credit my trainer with getting me back in shape for this season. See also: credit.
How do you use credited?
Credited sentence example
- He was often given the solar attributes, and was credited as a great warrior. …
- The first introduction into Jamaica took place in 1872, and ten years later the animal was credited with saving many thousands of pounds annually by its destruction of rats.
Was not credited meaning?
expression meaning that one should not criticize someone else for a mistake that he/she also makes or a flaw that he/she also has.
Do you say credit or credits?
These two words all seem to refer to the money in the bank. When should I use it as the plural form and when should I not in this matter? Plea advise. When referring to money, use credit.
What is someone’s credit?
To give someone praise, admiration, or acknowledgement for some task, achievement, or accomplishment.
What is credit example?
Credit is the trust that lets people give things (like goods, services or money) to other people in the hope they will repay later on. Example: Dale has a watch worth $50, and Jade wants it. But Jade can’t pay straight away, so Dale lets Jade have the watch on $50 credit.
Why bank account is credited?
When you hear your banker say, “I’ll credit your checking account,” it means the transaction will increase your checking account balance. Conversely, if your bank debits your account (e.g., takes a monthly service charge from your account) your checking account balance decreases.
Is credit a deposit?
When you deposit money into your account, you are increasing that Asset account. … The money deposited into your checking account is a debit to you (an increase in an asset), but it is a credit to the bank because it is not their money.
Do yourself credit meaning?
When you practice “Give Myself Credit,” you essentially become your own cheerleader. You focus on praising yourself instead of putting yourself down. By being mindful of your daily achievements, you can appreciate the progress you’ve made and recognize how far you’ve come.
How do you credit someone in a photo?
If you’re using it in a blog post or on your website, put the name of the creator and a link to their website or the source of the image beneath it. The format should be something like this: “Photo by [artist name with their website hyperlinked]” or “Image by [artist name] via [website hyperlinked].”